Hi,
so now I think its time to say some thing about .... I feel like I am in
a kindergarten on this list if I read the messages the last 2-3 days.
Can you tell me how old you are? Or better leave it unanswered to me an
answer yourself. (And I mean not only ONE person, everybody should think
about it....)

Kerr Avon, maybe you have ever read the GPL?:
http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html

So this gives you the answer WHY anybody can do with your virtual
machine what he want because you have published it and the software in
it is mainly GPL Licenced. It not depend that the software you use for
creating this stuff is not "free" (but if you can read, there are a lot
of free tools from vmware (e.g vmware-server) which ARE free).
And it also do not depend that it took you time and patience to complete
this "project". If you have write own scripts in this virtual machine
you can set them under an other licence. And it is NOT your own script
if you write a smb.conf for samba, because this is part of the GPL
licenced software.
Think a little bit about "open source" and the mind behind the idea of
free software. I hope your knowledge will be helpful for the project in
the future! So simple throwaway all bad words from both sides and try to
work together!

I think we all want only one thing. And that is: "make the life easy". M
$ and other affiliated groups make us the work hard enough, so lets pull
ourself together and work against the bad job from the others...

I hope no one feels defensive while reading this text, if so I want to
say sorry. But this are only facts.

greetings mario