On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 12:31:22PM +0100, Jens Geile enlightened us:
> I'm a little annoyed as not even a single person has bothered to at least
> answer my messages. I can understand that the problems won't be fixed
> immediately but a short answer that the problems will be investigated/looked
> into would be nice...
>
> winxpsp2-up0802.bat:
> ---------------------------
> While installing a new Windows XP SP2 (German) machine the installation hangs
> on the installation of the following two updates:
>
> windowsxp-kb942830-x86-deu.exe
> windowsxp-kb942831-x86-deu.exe
>
> I'm not sure why they failed though. The updates were on the server where
> they were supposed to be. I have downloaded the files again and again with
> the same result.

If I remember correctly, they fail with a status 67 if IIS is not installed.
I've been meaning to report this to the -devel list but haven't had time. We
may need to wrap those two updates in some sort of check for IIS, otherwise
installation hangs. For now I've just commented those out in my local file.
This doesn't just affect German, it also affects English as well.

> ie6.bat:
> ---------------------------
> While installing a new Windows 2000 SP4 (German) machine the installation
> hangs on the installation of ie6setup.exe which contains "Internet Explorer 6
> SP1".
> I have downloaded the file again and again but without any luck.
> The solution to this problem was downloading the file directly from the
> Microsoft Website and putting the ie6setup.exe in the appropriate place on
> the server.
> It seems the old link for the ie6setup.exe file is outdated. The new
> downloads can be found @
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1E1550CB-5E5D-48F5-B02B-20B602228DE6&displaylang=de
> I'd provide a patch for the ie6.bat file but i have no idea how to get my
> hands on the shortlinks for the installer in all the different languages.

I don't know anything about this one.

> I really hope someone could update the repository with these problems fixed.
> Currently I'm forced to edit all the .bat files by hand and cannot use
> script-update anymore since it would download the broken .bat files from the
> repository again.
>
> Thanks in advance (in case someone actually does anything ...)

Matt

--
Matt Hyclak
Department of Mathematics