Torsdag 27 mars 2008 16:34, skrev Sven Geipel:
> Hi!
>
> We have our pcs installed with both windows and linux.
>
> z:\site\unattend.txt contains following line for partitioning:
> > fdisk_cmds="fdisk /clear 1;fdisk /pri:20480;fdisk /pri:100,100;fdisk
> > /delete /pri:1;fdisk /pri:4000;fdisk /activate:1"
>
> After installing windows and linux we have a disk setup as follows:
>
> C: 20GB    | 2GB LinuxSwap    | 12GB LinuxRoot    | rest:free space
>
> Now I want a solution for reinstalling windows without wiping all my
> other partitions.
>
> I tried it with:
> > fdisk_cmds="fdisk /delete /pri:1;fdisk /pri:4000;fdisk /activate:1"

hm, just reading the line it should work.
Only missing is fat32 formatting ..

I guess you are using unattended 4.7 linuxboot?

> but this end up:
>
> 20GB free space    | 2GB Swap    | 12GB LinuxRoot    | C: 4GB
> WindowsSystem    | rest free
>
> Instead of using first free space, windows is using free space after all
> partitions?!?
> Can someone please help me fix this?

What if you take out  fdisk_cmds="xxxxx" of unattend.txt and run
parted in interactive mode:
  Delete the fist partition and create a formatted 4GB fat32 partition
  with the boot flag set.

winnt.exe (under dosemu) is doing some black magic when choosing witch
partition to use, it might pick the wrong one..
But, it should pick the partition with the boot flag set.
..or it is a bug in unattended.

the fdisk <> parted translation is quite confusing,
we should probably allow a custom script to be run/specified from  fdisk_cmds
in cases like this..