Nils Olav Fossum wrote, On 28.03.2008 15:31:
> Fredag 28 mars 2008 09:02, skrev Sven Geipel:
[...]
> > parted -s /dev/dsk print shows me:
> > > Minor  Start       End        Type       Filesystem   Flag
> > > 2      19085.xxx   20999.xxx  Primary    fat32
> > > 3      20999.xxx   32451.xxx  Primary    linux swap
> > > 1      32451.xxx   36452.xxx  Primary    ext3         boot
> >
> > New windows partition is added after other partitions, free space before
> > is not used...
>
> this a bit funny..
> looks like the HPFS/NTFS partition has changed to fat32, but the size is not
> right for
sorry, that fat32 thing was my mistake when testing, I mixed up a few
things too :(
After newly tested now it must be correct:

Minor  Start       End        Type       Filesystem   Flag
2      19085.xxx   20999.xxx  primary    linux-swap
3      20999.xxx   32451.xxx  primary    ext3
1      32451.xxx   36452.xxx  primary                 boot

> > > #parted --version
> > > GNU Parted 1.6.22
>
> yep, its old, probably on the same age as Jotunheimen
oh, then it's really old ;-)

> > My unattended tree is grown since version 2.5b and this must be version
> > 4.7pre or 4.7 now I think...
>
> I dont think there is a clean and quick fix for this.
> The best workaround is probably done from the existing linux install you have.
> do you have parted installed there?
> ..tell unattended to not touch partitions when installing windows..
Menu option "do nothing" without deleting and recreating first partition
as 4GB fat32 expectedly didn't work cause windows install cannot write
to 20gb ntfs partition.
With "run manually" I can recreate this partition but after exit parted
I don't know how to continue with install... so the best for me is to
let ask for partition layout, run parted in another console and select
then "do nothing".

best regards
Sven Geipel