While you are making changes to appsonly.bat I'll point out a tiny
patch to appsonly.bat we made in our environment.  We wanted to call
out to an external script prior to the invocation of todo.pl --go.
The external script sets some machine environment variables.  We've
got quite a few custom scripts and wanted to set some convenience
variables and have them accessible from all the scripts -- we decided
that permanent machine environment variables was the easiest way to go.

Maybe some variation of this can be included in the patched version?
Here's a diff.

-bash-3.2$ diff sts_appsonly.bat appsonly.bat
146d145
< call %z%\scripts\sts_conf_set_environment_variables.bat

Perhaps change the line to something like

call %z%\site\custom_site_scripts_initialization.bat

?

Cheers,
Ben

On Aug 18, 2009, at 8:32 AM, FwdTmp wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Thanks for the fast answer and for your time to make a change in the
> script, I am looking forward for the svn change to apply it at my site
> :)
>
> Anyway, I realised that the problem with the path is because the
> setenv.pl script I used to change the path "look the sys and the user
> path variable as a whole (probably)" and when it sets, the "not
> permanent changes go permanent" :) Till I got no better solution, as a
> workaround I will use resource kit's pathman (it would be great to
> find a way around, because it is limited usage to the resource kit's
> domain... anytime it can be changed)
>
> keep up this great work anyway! :) thanks for it!
>
>> Hello,
>
>> I'm the author of appsonly.bat / appsonly.pl. You're right,
>> appsonly.bat
>> permanently sets the environment variables Z, Z_PATH, Z_USER to the
>> machine and so will leave "traces" on the machine. I'll look at the
>> scripts and try to fix this, result will be posted here and added
>> to the
>> SVN.
>
>> Concerning the PATH variable, I do not think that appsonly will
>> permanently change it.
>
>> ---snip---
>> set path=%path%;%scriptdir%\bin
>> setenv -m Z_USER %username%
>> setenv -m Z_PATH %scriptdir%
>> set Z_PATH=%scriptdir%
>> setenv -m Z %Z%
>> ---snip---
>
> set -->> only affects current session, change will be gone after
> next reboot
> setenv -m -->> permanent change
>
>> Regards
>> Gerhard
>

>> _____________ NOD32 4345 (20090818) Információ _____________
>
>> Az üzenetet a NOD32 antivirus system megvizsgálta.
>> http://www.nod32.hu

Ben Cohen
Programmer/Analyst (STS)
Scripps Institute of Oceanography