"Mike Lischke" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Just out of curiosity, why do you use an own mailing list server if
> you can use a free one (Yahoo Groups)?

Yahoo Groups has ads by default (unless you pay a monthly fee for list
hosting), and some people do not trust the privacy policy of such
organizations.  In addition, it doesn't look too well if you cannot
run your own lists.  I mean, you can't imagine that the Unicode web
site moves over to GeoCities, can you? ;-)

> And you will take the load of managing the list from your shoulders.

An important part (and certainly the most time-consuming after the
initial setup) is tracing bounces and removing bogus subscriptions.  I
don't think Yahoo does this for you.