"Michael \(michka\) Kaplan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> From: "Peter Kirk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> > On 24/07/2003 04:33, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > > How to map the code values of the key boards with the code
> > > values for the alphabet given with different Code pages of any
> > > scripts such as devanagari, gujarati etc.
>
> > If you are using Windows, you might like to look at Keyman 6, from
> > www.tavultesoft.com. This is a free download for personal
> > use. There are also freely downloadable keyboard drivers for some
> > Indian languages, or you can write your own using Keyman Developer
> > (not free).
>
> You can also look at the MS Keyboard Layout Creator (MSKLC) from
> Microsoft:
>
> http://microsoft.com/globaldev/tools/msklc.mspx

It's all well and good to change the keyboard layout, but it can be
confusing if it becomes too different from the physical keyboard
(esp. if one has to type something in a totally different alphabet).
Now, if anybody would manifacture keyboards with tiny LCD displays on
each key, that problem would disappear, but I have never seen such a
thing. :-(

But this is totally off-topic, sorry!

/Thomas
--
Thomas Widmann, MA      +44  141 419 9872       Glasgow, Scotland, EU
[EMAIL PROTECTED]             http://www.widmann.uklinux.net