As a proof-of-concept, this would be perfectly valid and reasonably easy to implement. As a product however, I don't think too many people would go for it. The group of people who are interested in zero key-travel keyboards (be they projection, sensor keys, reflection) is pretty finite and I would wonder if there is any significant overlap with the group of people who would want dynamic keycaps.

As an aside, some years ago I saw an old 16mm film from Bell Labs(?) that showed projection on a glass surface for a complex switch operator interface.
Also, a former coworker of an acquaintance of mine is working on a laser-based keyboard that uses beam interruption as its key switch. His motivation is an extreme case of RSI.

Alex.