From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Arcane Jill

> It is my opinion that, regardless of one's culture, the symbols you
use
>every day should be the ones which come supplied out of the box,
>and the ones which would be considered rare or esoteric in one's own
>culture should be the ones for which you should be expected to pay
extra.

>In short, in any given locale, one should get the symbols of that
locale,
>out of the box. (And in my locale, that should include math and music
>symbols).

Jill, if MS or any other platform vendor starts to provide fonts for
music or math symbols in a new version of their software, that will
constitute added value over the previous version of their software, and
you'll likely have to pay for it. Maybe that doesn't meet your
expectations, but AFAIK this has never been a complaint from the
hundreds of millions of copies of Windows, Mac OS, OS/2, DOS, Linux,
AIX, CP/M... that have been sold over the past few decades that did not
provide all these symbols out of the box.

Peter

Peter Constable
Microsoft Windows Division