> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On
> Behalf Of Dean Snyder

> >The Samaritan newsletter A-B is available both in Square Hebrew and
in
> >Samaritan-script editions.
>
> Which, by the way, is an argument AGAINST encoding
Canaanite/Phoenician
> separately from Hebrew AND encoding Samaritan separately from Hebrew.
> (Compare, for example, the 7th century BC Hebrew seal glyphs with the
> medieval and modern Samaritan glyphs in samples 5 & 6 of the
attachment I
> emailed yesterday.)

I simply do not see how the availability of a publication in both forms
is such an argument.

Also, I think one could easily conclude from the samples that, if
Canaanite/Phoenician is unified with something, it should be unified
with Samaritan script rather than the square Hebrew script.

Peter Constable