Phillip,

I gather that you are refering to the low level call to open the odbc connection rather than the call at the Unicon soure level.  (The documentation of the Unicon call to open only shows 4 parameter.)

I haven't had time to delve under the covers yet.  But this could be helpful.

Thanks,

David

Phillip <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

David,
I don't know if this was answered for you but the open database command
has 5 fields, not 4. You are missing the 3rd. The first and third (I never
remember which is who as I always name them the same thing) are the local
odbc name in the .odbc.ini file such as [mybase] and the other is the name
of the database on the server.

Phillip Thomas