Nitin Bhardwaj wrote on 1/29/09 1:57 AM:
> I'm still getting the errors inspite of rebuilding the new kernel;
> Following are the steps I followed:
>
> 1. Unpacked the kernel-2.6.18-92.el5.src.rpm ( as non-root user)
> 2. Applied the patch 'unionfs-2.4_for_2.6.18-RHEL5.diff' to the kernel
> successfully.
> 3. make menuconfig and gave option 'M' for Unionfs under "Layered
> FileSystems".
> 4. Build the new kernel using rpmbuild command, which built two RPMs
> successfully:
>      kernel-2.6.18-92.el5.unionfs.rpm
>      kernel-devel-2.6.18-92.el5.unionfs.rpm

Step 4 probably wiped out your patch.

rpmbuild will re-unpack the source directory and build it from scratch.
 Any local modifications you made to it prior to that get tossed.  If
you want your patch to stick, you have to put a copy of it in
/usr/src/redhat/SOURCES and reference it from the spec file.

I see Ian's already given a diff of a spec file later in this thread to
show how to do that.

--
Dave Miller                                   http://www.justdave.net/
System Administrator, Mozilla Corporation      http://www.mozilla.com/