-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> While UCD supporters keep saying this is a private matter
> internal to the organization,

I don't think anybody said that. Certainly not me anyway. But as you pointed
out, there's still not enough information and I'm not a lawyer, but I'd guess
that if someone went to court with the evidence that exists now (the newspaper
article, the TV news story and the malcom x park video) it would be dismissed
very quickly.

There are endless iterations of the allegations which would all be born out by
what we know now:

1) UCD illegally and unethically aided in setting up a political rally.
2) UCD helped to set up a church picnic. The church illegally or unethically
invited a political candidate to speak.
3) UCD helped set up a church picnic, Jannie and Tom, realizing that there
would be a lot of people at the church picnic came of their own volition.
4) There were several different groups independently using the park on one
afternoon.
5) Prisoners were forced to hand out Tom Knox signs and fliers.
6) Prisoners observed Tom Knox signs and fliers already there or being handed
out by other people.

as someone else pointed out, speculation gets us nowhere.

I'd guess that the investigation won't be over until John Fenton's two week
leave has expired. If someone wants to file a lawsuit before then, I'd say
knock yourself out, but it seems like a lot of wasted effort.

But we do have a number of bona fide lawyers on the list who might be looking
for some extra cash if anybody wants to hire them to get that ball rolling.

kc