As crazy as Glenn may be, I think that one valid point he has been making
(and making and making and making) is that Commercial entities ( like UCD
try to claim true artistic content as their own, and market it to the masses
for the sole purpose of making money (MAMMON). That's why I'm royally pissed
to see the big banner in Clark Park advertising Shakespeare in the Park as
another lame UCD product.

Shakespeare in Clark Park was totally the brain flash of Marla Burkholder, a
REAL actress, and friends. Marla will be playing Juliet.

But UCD has to insert itself as the "sponsor". If Wendell Lewis gets up to
make a speech on opening night about how "UCD brings you Shakespeare in
Clark Park", I will be the first to hurl a tomato and holde up "FUCK UCD"
signs.

Lewis Wendell is a crass middleman, seeking to gain PROFIT for himself and
his organization, by sponging off and parasiting the artistic talents of the
Shakespearean artists who really bring you "Shakespeare in Clark Park". Fuck
the Middleman, commercial geeks and profit seekers, and ALL HAIL to the
ARTISTS of our HOOD, performing because they can't help themselves.

--
Ross Bender
http://rossbender.org