Tony,

I am not arguing for or against moderated forums.  Indeed, I have been and
still am a member of several moderated forums.

Still, the original UC Listserv that Jeff Abrahamson made available here was
borne of the Spruce Hill Listserv.  Never mind which forms it took before it
went public.

I feel this...we are one of the most special neighborhoods/communities in
the City of Philadelphia.

We all of us should be able to discuss issues regarding the direction of our
community.

The issue of gentrification has been controversial for more than 30 years.
This issue or discussion did not originate here, nor will it end here.

If we profess to be Œa cut above¹ by nature of where we live, there are
painful issues on both sides that should be addressed and tolerated and as a
public forum, we must be prepared to take all comers.

That¹s the way I feel.  I may not agree with your view, but you should
express it and I should be able to express mine without being considered,
¹bad traffic¹.

As for confusing public with private spaces, I feel I am clear about that.
If things get to the point where I cannot tolerate them, I either withdraw,
delete etc.

Otherwise, what can I do about people who see things differently?

As neighbors in THIS community, I feel we should be able to tolerate one
another.

If I owned the public school and/or classes I teach, SEPTA, public
thoroughfares, supermarkets, banks, Art Museum tours, or this listserv,
well...I can dream can¹t I?

Still if it were my restaurant, store or bar and things got rough,
well...²Out-und-zee!

Regards,

Wilma