From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [UC] Palin as prez
To: univcity@list.purple.com
Date: Monday, September 1, 2008, 8:13 AM

In a message dated 8/31/2008 3:59:30 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL
PROTECTED] writes:
Let me be clear - under the Obama tax cut - 95% of Americans will get a tax cut.
>From what I've read, the veracity of this statement depends on how you define
>"tax cut." Isn't it true that Obama includes in his 95% the people who
>currently pay no taxes but will get monetary tax credits from the federal
>government? This is how I read what's being said. If so, then a portion of the
>95% is "welfare" and not a tax cut for working people who pay a fraction of
>their wages to the government and think of a tax cut in terms of a smaller
>fraction.

Always at your service & ready for a dialog,
Al Krigman
(Since I'm not going to vote for Bob Barr, you can think of me as one of those
undecided independents)