Kathleen,

We need a Marshall plan for our public education system. The charade about privatization and lazy teachers distracts from a real debate and teachable moment about the funding gap and evidence based interventions for impoverished communities.

We give two billion dollars in aid to Egypt alone so that its dictatorship can oppress the people for the interests of multinational corporations. We have over 1000 permanent military bases in most countries on earth sucking up the wealth of our society. That is the real source of our problem as public education is under massive assault and the people are fed fake solutions and the need for austerity.

Glenn