I agree with Glenn and Al.

When I first saw the "parklet", I thought the Green Line arranged to move its
outdoor seating into the street. So I was surprised (but then again, not
surprised) to find out that UCD put it there.

The aesthetics of it is simply ugly--it looks like what it apparantly intends
to be: any number of fenced off outdoor cafe seating arrangements. Adding a
couple of window boxes with a few plants stuck in them does not render the
space into anything approximating a "park"--my back yard comes closer to being
a park than that does.

As far as Al's question  as to who was asked on 43rd Street, I think we all
know the answer to that.

I agree with Al that the placement of the "parklet" certainly raises questions.
If the purpose is to increase needed amenities, why put it across the street
from a genuine park, which renders the "parklet" a poor imitation?  Why not in
front of the Best House? And why in front of the Green Line, as opposed to
anywhere else? I also agree with Glenn: "parklets are an expansion of seating
for an upscale eatery on the taxpayer's dime".  But in addition to that, I
think the location was chosen because the Green Line patrons (who would have
been sitting outside anyway) could be counted instead as random individuals,
thus proving the  the demand for and success of the  "parklet".

Oh well, enough of this.  I'm opening the fire hydrant on the corner this
evening; you're all welcome to come to my "beachlet".