I love the Green Line, and I think they've added enormously to the public
life of the neighborhood, but do agree that the placement of this little
parklet does seem to "take" public space for the benefit of one business
entity.

If parking space were going to be "sacrificed" for other uses, I'd far
rather see them go to projects like the "Stormwater bumpouts" the water
department is trying out (they put some in along their reservoir on Queen
Lane in East Falls -- not a particularly attractive implementation, but a
start). They add greenery, divert storm water from the overtaxed drainage
systems, and if placed properly can help with traffic calming.  I can think
of several places around the neighborhood where these would be welcome
additions.

Kathleen