JJZolx wrote:
> More importantly:  Can I run a headless system and be somehow select
> the OS to boot without a keyboard?  If there's no way to do this, I may
> just install the different OS's to different hard drives and swap boot
> disks.

Yes, altho most folks use a keyboard to select the grub/lilo menu option.

You can set up the menu to default to one OS or the other if it gets no
input.

And you can SSH into the box, and use vi/emacs to edit the grub menu.
(I'm sure you can edit the lilo menu too, but I have been using grub for
a few years).

And while you can do a pure headless server, and may need to if you have
no disk space, a full blown install with Xwindows and GUI makes life a
lot easier. In these days of $100 disks with 500 GB I tend to be wanton
and waste three or four gig.

--
Pat Farrell
http://www.pfarrell.com/