I can only speak for Ubuntu but it gets better with each release, am
interested to see what happens with 8.10 soon.

The M4A problem for me was a minor irritant really, I don't have many
M4A files and at some point will re-rip my cd's into FLAC so not a long
term issue. The wireless issue is a big one at the moment but I'm pretty
sure this will be resolved soon..

--
socistep