I built a box with new, but inexpensive equipment to run freenas with
the idea of running squeezecenter on that.  Unfortunately I've found
out that slimnas and the current AMD versions of freenas don't work.
My new hardware is not supported by the older versions of freenas.  My
other thought was to install ubuntu or something like it on this
machine instead.  I don't have any linux experience however.  How
difficult would it be for me to change over?

The machine has an AMD64 X2 processor, 2 g of ram, and 3 1 TB SATA
drives.  I'm running freenas off a usb thumb drive.
Things I'd like to do:
1) run it headless
2) run squeeze center
3) bittorrent functions
4) share the drives with my windows and mac machines
5) the drives are formatted as UFS.  Would I have to start over?

Thanks.

--
jbraveman