jbraveman wrote:
>  I don't have any linux experience however.  How
> difficult would it be for me to change over?

It might take a couple of hours,  but its not hard.

> 1) run it headless
> 2) run squeeze center
> 3) bittorrent functions
> 4) share the drives with my windows and mac machines
> 5) the drives are formatted as UFS.  Would I have to start over?

Don't know what UFS is, but that may be problematic. GParted's live CD
can do a lot of magic, but I'm not sure of that format.

I would recommend Debian (or Ubuntu) and when you first install it,
install all the GUI stuff. Its just a lot easier to do the config stuff
with a monitor. Once you are setup, you can turn off the GUI.

SqueezeCenter, and bittorrent are easy.
You want to use Samba to share files.

Is your box exposed on the Internet? If so, you want a firewall setup.

--
Pat Farrell
http://www.pfarrell.com/