Diana;378065 Wrote:
> Did you do this by modifying your /etc/apt/sources.list and following
> the other instructions for installing the STABLE version as described
> here?
> http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/DebianPackage
> That has normally worked without problems for me with Ubuntu.
>

> You need to install and configure a network file system (Samba/CIFS) to
> mount these drives when your system boots.  See, for example,
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MountWindowsSharesPermanently
>
> This is a bit fiddly the first time you do it, but is really quite
> straightforward if you follow a good HowTo carefully.  I'd recommend
> reading the whole process before you start.  And I prefer the secure
> method of a password file (.smbcredentials in the HowTo above).
>
> HTH

Thanks
1) I downloaded and clicked on the package.  I will try the other
method.
2) sudo apt-get install smbfs - ...Package smbfs is not available.

that's the first instruction for most of these guides.  It would seem
that smbfs is defunct.  the freenas can use cifs or nfs as well.  There
are some additional instructions for cifs which I will try next.

thanks for the suggestions.

--
jbraveman