jbraveman;378078 Wrote:
> Thanks
> 1) I downloaded and clicked on the package.  I will try the other
> method.

Hope that works for you.  (If you have any problems, you might need to
remove --purge the previous installation and reinstall from scratch)

> 2) sudo apt-get install smbfs - ...Package smbfs is not available.
> that's the first instruction for most of these guides.  It would seem
> that smbfs is defunct.

That's odd:  it should be in the Intrepid repos:
http://packages.ubuntu.com/intrepid/smbfs

> ...the freenas can use cifs or nfs as well.  There are some additional
> instructions for cifs which I will try next.

CIFS is installed with the samba package.  You're right, 'smbfs' is
deprecated in the fstab configuration, and you should use CIFS there
instead.

Hope you sort this out - others here use FreeNas, and I hope they will
chip in with advice, too.

--
Diana