--------------------

> Then there is a squeezeplay.sh script in the bin directory of
> squeezeplay which you can use to start squeezeplay. Edit the last
> line so it reads:>
  >   > ALSA_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/share/alsa/alsa-nopulse.conf ./jive
--------------------

> I also edited the file
> ~/.squeezeplay/userpath/settings/DesktopJive.lua as described in
> http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpost.php?p=674248&postcount=3 to
> select the right audio device. I had to choose another device for the
> alsaEffectsDevice because it claims the output device and then
> alsaPlaybackDevice can't use it anymore. I have (I replaced the mac
> and uuid with x's): >
  >   > settings =
{mac="xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx",uuid="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx",alsaSampleSize=24,alsaPlaybackDevice="plughw:0,0",alsaEffectsDevice="plughw:0,1"}
--------------------

> The server now also transcodes 352.8kHz flacs correctly to 176.4Hz!

Thanks a lot.  I put some rather frustrated musings on another thread
(at http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=691481#post691481)
before I found this.  I now at least have some output via Squeezeplay.

--
PasTim

Server on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, 2 CPU, 2GHz, 4GB, FLAC files. Touch
on Ethernet (in another room).  Analogue out over 'a bit of wire' to
ageing Quad Hi-Fi. An old (wireless) laptop controls the server using
Chrome.