bpa wrote:
> No I haven't and I some time just trrying to understand how to do the
> install of a module (the website advice to use Appbrowser is not
> helpful) . The web site and documentation is not great.  The suggestion
> that I have to bring up an x86 installation to create password for drop
> bear on A10 was the last straw.

I fully understand your grief, but in order to connect you will have to
install Dropbear. Here is a How-To if you want to try (it is from post
no 1 and 4 in this thread). You will have to make a partition where you
can save extensions, so first do something like this (this worked on a
raspberry, so I cant see why it shouldn't work on a Cubie):

    fdisk /dev/mmcblk0
  n new
  p primary
  2 partition number 1-4
  6 first cylinder
  +20M I made a 20 MB partition for this - you could choose any size you want
(up to the CF-card size)
  t change partition Id
  ........partition number - choose 2
  2
  83 linux file system
  w to write the changes to the card

  sudo reboot

  Next I formated it to the ext4 format:
  mkfs.ext4 /dev/mmcblk0p2

  sudo reboot

  Next you will have to tell microcore to use this partition for its
extensions, therefore write:
  tce-setdrive

  And then you choose 2= /mnt/mmcblk0p2

  At the command promt write:
  tce

  s search
  d Dropbear - choose the correct [number]
  [number] Enter
  q quit
  i install

  Then make a password for user tc like this:
  At command promt write:
  passwd
  Then write you password - twice

  Then add these three lines to opt/.filetool.lst
  etc/passwd
  etc/shadow
  etc/dropbear

  Then add this line to /opt/bootlocal.sh
  /usr/local/etc/init.d/dropbear start

  next backup the changes:
  filetool.sh -b

  Then reboot.
  sudo reboot
--------------------

bpa wrote:
> I was willing to test if things were already in place but clearly they
> aren't. I don't have time at the moment to get to grips with Tinycore
> and module installation etc. - I'll come back to it on Friday. Given all
> the strange error message coming from the debug console during microcore
> boot I'd prefer to get a clean A10 boot before proceeding to install
> modules especially as I have already experienced some boots which do not
> show a HDMI display which undermines my confidence in the current build.

Yeap, just take your time. As I don't have a Cubie box, I can't help you
with that. If you are interested I'm sure they will help you with your
questions at the Alwinner A10 forum at the microcore web-page