I've had some success by ignoring some of the advice on microcore wiki
(e.g. to install App do not use appbrowser or ab but as you said tce ).
So I then got past most of the issues with the same command you have now
suggested.

I got dropbear installed but not on a separate partition because of the
video problem (and not fixable by script.bin) - I can't see the left
hand column and so all the fdisk command don't show !! and so the
dropbear does nto start on boot.

There is a problem with the microcore with Cubieboard and video doesn't
show on every boot even though I think everythings else is ok (but I
need a working dropbear on boot to prove it). I've had success when unit
is switched off for about 30mins and then I get video on next boot.