rpress wrote:
> Thanks gorman.  :)
>
> I've updated my repos with the code necessary to get it all working.
> It's not finished by any means but it's certainly workable for anyone
> who wants to play with it.  You can use the skin on a desktop PC just
> fine, to get an idea.
>
> I also have implemented the visualizations, below is a small video.
>
> [image: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/qZnnsB5SM7U/1.jpg]
> http://youtu.be/qZnnsB5SM7U
>
> This also works on the PC with the WQVGA skin.  It doesn't use
> PulseAudio anymore, it uses shared memory.  Someday I think I will get
> the projectM visualizations working, some of you might remember
> Milkdrop. http://projectm.sourceforge.net/
>
> The big VFD display was calling me so I ordered one of those too!  I'm
> not sure the best way to interface it, I might just write a driver for
> the FTDI chip so it will be native USB, but this is a fair amount of
> work.  The nice thing about this is that the hardware is already out
> there, it simply needs wiring up.  I could also make a small circuit to
> convert it to SPI.

Hi - visualisations definitely look interesting.  I'm not near a linux
machine right now, but interested in merging into squeezelite/jivelite
based on this once you have something and I've looked at in more
detail.

For the squeezelite component do we really need to apply the replay gain
and gain(volume) to the samples - I was wondering if we just take the
raw samples and write to the shared memory block?