Triode wrote:
> Hi - visualisations definitely look interesting.  I'm not near a linux
> machine right now, but interested in merging into squeezelite/jivelite
> based on this once you have something and I've looked at in more
> detail.
>
> For the squeezelite component do we really need to apply the replay gain
> and gain(volume) to the samples - I was wondering if we just take the
> raw samples and write to the shared memory block?

Sounds good to me.  I'm still playing with things, I'd like to see a
decade scale on the spectrum analyzer.  You can see the changes in my
repos, other than adding in the original visualizations it's not that
much.  The replaygain makes a big difference, otherwise the
visualizations aren't "centered" in the normal range.  The volume poses
a problem as it will affect the visuals if the volume is turned down,
this is why I only apply the replaygain.  Thankfully it doesn't seem to
use much CPU.

Pascal Hibon wrote:
> Nice to see how this great project moves on!
> Given the “color limitations” of the display in use, maybe the
> Squeezebox 3 VU meter would be a better fit for it?

The VU meters are just multiple bitmaps with the needle drawn in
different spots.  I played with the Touch bitmap a bit in Gimp to get it
to fit on the display, but it could use more work, frankly.  If anyone
wants to draw a new VU meter, 128 x 64 pixels, with the needle in 25
positions that would be great!

There is also support in the code for a vertical bar-style VU meter.
Maybe a skin with the track info and the vertical VU meter on the right
side would be nice.