JohnSwenson wrote:

> A word of warning, this is a PCM NOT I repeat NOT a card!!! Thus it will
> not show up in aplay -l but WILL show up in aplay -L. When using the
> webgui to set the output device for squeezeplay it will show up in the
> very top of the list were the PCMs show up. Select that and it will
> actually play!
I did this during one of my initial tries with simple-agent. But
Squeezelite crashes when selecting the BT speakers.
In one of my next attempts I tried playing a wav file with aplay. That
gave me an error telling me it needed some alsa stuff, hence the
bluez-utils-alsa. I did look into installing these but did not find an
install for fedora on arm. These are available for the i386 platform.

JohnSwenson wrote:

> After all that I decided to go back and revisit simple-agent and found
> that I only needed to yum in one more library to get it to work. With
> that it worked, I don't remember if I needed the pin or not. (I first
> unpaired with blueman) You can find out the status with hcitools.
Do you remember what exactly you have installed?
As far as the pin, I think I might not need that part since the BT
speakers support simple pairing. I’m not entirely sure but I think this
allows pairing without a pin.

JohnSwenson wrote:

> The one thing that kept on tripping me up is that none of this stuff
> works if the ribbon had turned itself off. If you turn it on and don't
> connect within a minute or two it shuts off to save power and there is
> no indication it is doing this. Fortunately if you have the headphones
> off it gives you different tones for turning on and off when you push
> the button. So I always had to push the button to change state in order
> to find out what state it was in! This is really only a problem when you
> are trying all kinds of different things, once it is paired and setup it
> will automatically connect when you turn it on.
I believe you can get around that by defining this as a trusted BT
connection. But you’ll need some additional programs (I thing they
belong to bluez-utils).
I probably will try to install the bluez-utils as a next try.

1 x SB3, 1 x SB Boom, 1 x SB Radio and 2 x SB Touch - all wireless
1 x Wandboard behind the bedroom ceiling
ReadyNAS NVX running LMS 7.7.2. w iTunes plugin
iPeng on iPod Touch.
SqueezePad & iPeng on iPad.
http://www.last.fm/user/phibon