onlyconnect wrote:
> Thanks for all the great work on this.
>
> I have a Teac UD-H01 DAC, USB connection. I get severe
> crackling/distortion on 16/44 FLAC. 24-bit FLAC plays fine.
>
> The only setting I have is the output: front:CARD=DEVICE,DEV=0
>
> Most of the other settings I've tried stop it working completely.
>
> Running on Raspberry Pi (pi-CorePlayer). However I'm starting
> squeezelite manually to narrow down the issue:
>
> sudo /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/squeezelite-armv6hf -z -o
> "front:CARD=DEVICE,DEV=0" -n "squeezelitepi"
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Update: if I add -a 40::16 playback is perfect but presumably limited to
> 16-bit (it still plays higher sampling rates)
>
> Tim

I also have a Teac at hand.

Not sure why you guys use these cryptic output names.

I use hw:x,0 or plughw:x,0.  The x is replaced by the card index which
is shown with "aplay -l" or "cat /proc/asound/cards"
If the card has more then one output channel you might need to change
the 0 to 1 or similar.

Cheers

::: ' Touch Toolbox and more' (http://soundcheck-audio.blogspot.com) :::
by soundcheck