I'm going to be blunt..... This is a development thread. If you're not
developing, please don't post in it! Pretty please. Keep the discussion
to the development of CSOS on the Cubietruck

The primary reason for me creating this thread, is not so users can get
up and running with the Cubietruck, it is so I can share my notes with
the other developers. (Triode has a Cubietruck now. And an old friend of
mine, Tim, who knows nothing about all things Squeezebox, but is a
rather talented developer and knows his way around Linux with his eyes
shut, is coming on board.)

The initial BETA image is 'CSOS-Cubietruck-F20-BETA1-20140417-1.img.7z'
(http://www.vacuumtube.org.uk/images/cubie/CSOS/F20-BETA1/CSOS-Cubietruck-F20-BETA1-20140417-1.img.7z).
It requires extraction to a 8GB SDCARD.

It is based on the Lubomir Rintel F20 remix image,
'Fedora-Xfce-armhfp-20-a10-1-sda.raw.xz'
(http://fedorapeople.org/~lkundrak/a10-images/Fedora-Xfce-armhfp-20-a10-1-sda.raw.xz).

DISPLAY
Image still boots into xfce at the moment. jivelite-autologin is
installed but disabled. (If intend to use HDMI output, make sure screen
is connected before boot device.) EDID detection is better than
Wandboard. Even works with my non-spec compliant Samsung TV, which
causes problems with the WB.

Image can be modified to boot with jivelite on tty1 (console frame
buffer) ....

  cd /lib/systemd/system
  sudo ln -sf multi-user.target default.target
  sudo systemctl disable getty@tty1.service
  sudo systemctl enable autologin@tty1.service
  sudo reboot

--------------------

CREDENTIALS
User: fedora
Password: fedora
Root Password: fedora

KERNEL
The kernel has been updated to 3.4.79, 'linux-sunxi sunxi-3.4 branch'
(https://github.com/linux-sunxi/linux-sunxi), plus two patches. 'ap6210:
merge a working driver'
(https://github.com/cubieboard/linux-sunxi/commit/aff95a2fc4192f72c9ff33abfd17144e25773c5a),
for wi-fi support and ' Use a default keymap suitable for Squeezebox
remote controls to work with Jivelite.' (), for "out of the box"
Squeezebox remote support via the built-in IR receiver.
Kernel config used to build is "/boot/config-3.4.79.sun7i+".

NETWORKING
Device will announce itself as cubietruck.local (avahi/mdns/bonjour)

WI-FI
The ap6210 contains Broadcom bcm40181 for wi-fi and bcm20710 for
Bluetooth.

The wi-fi support on the linux-sunxi kernel is via the bcmdhd driver.
(I've had the misfortune to cross paths with this steaming great pile of
doggy doo-doo before. Less said the better....) Anyway, wi-fi is
supported by mainline fmac driver, same as we use for the Wandboard,
when we shift to mainline.

NB. The bcmdhd driver is compiled as a modules and needs the gpio_sunxi
module as it depends on that to power off/on the wi-fi via a GPIO. (See
"/etc/modules-load.d/cubietruck_wifi.conf".)

BLUETOOTH
Same as I did for the wandboard, via a system service,
brcm20710-bluetooth. Uses brcm_patchram_plus to upload firmware, before
hciattach on the serial tty. (Currently disabled. Needs looking at.
Uploading the firmware hardly ever succeeds.)

ETHERNET
You'll probably want to edit "/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0"
and uncomment MACADDR= to avoid the device using a different MAC every
boot, if you want IP to be "sticky" via dhcp.

SQUEZELITE
systemd service enabled, but using null audio device.

LMS
7.9 versions installed. service disabled.

WEB GUI
Lua web gui via "http://cubietruck.local";. (Java web gui also installed
but tomcat disabled.)