Hi.

I'm running a Cubietruck with squeezelite  for quite some time. I've
tailored my own ArchLinuxImage, with an updated kernel.

As with most other Armboards (except RaspberryPi) the kernel module and
firmware development runs
really slow. They still use a 3.4 kernel. Though I guess the Wandboard
is not any better on this.
I also had an UDOO board here for testing. Kernelwise  Udoo is also
behind. It went back after a week.

The Cubie community is quite active. But nothing compared to the
Raspberry Community.

What's great about the Cubietruck is the Nand storage. No SD card
necessary. Never had a corruption issue so far -- at several daily
hard-power-downs.
With the Raspberry Pi., once a week I had to re-image the SD-card.

I also like the battery management. The CT works well with a battery.

There are also I2S drivers available.

But the SPDIF driver delivers 16bit only !!!

I'm currently running the device with a DragonFly 1.2 - buspowered. Very
nice.

Since you folks use Fedora I can't be very much of help here.

I contributed some stuff (Nand-Install script etc.) to the
ArchLinux-on-cubietruck community over here:
http://www.cubieforums.com/index.php?topic=1592.0

Good luck.

::: ' Touch Toolbox and more' (http://soundcheck-audio.blogspot.com) :::
by soundcheck