bpa wrote:
> To keep "Users" away from developers thread I think a "Main Forum"
> thread is needed to summarise what is going on as there is (to the
> uninformed User) a number of similar but different projects (picoplayer
> on Pi, Squeezeplug on Pi and Odroid, CSOS on Wandboard, Vamp on Pogo -
> not forgetting all the various audio/DAC addons) - so users are asking
> basic questions (and expressing development requests such as pico on
> BBB)  in the development thread as their only way to get informed on
> status/progress.  As real SBs are limited, a number of users are looking
> to buy a board (e.g. Pi, Odroid, Wandbaord, BBB, CubieBox, Cubieboard 1
> 2 3 , Pogo) to acts as a player and they are unsure which one to choose.
> I see such a discussion thread could be used to draw User generic
> comments (such as which board is best, LCD screen, Bluetooth support)
> away from the specific development threads.  I have been toying with the
> idea of buying a Cubietruck but got sidelined exploring Odroid and BBB.
> The sort of question opinion on the thread I'd like answered would be
> why a developer chose Cubietruck as an SB player vs. Wanbaord or Pi.

There is "work in progress" on setting up a community forum, with
specific areas for users and developers, with all the various
"solutions", (some of which you mention above), invited to participate,
have their own, (or multiple if requiring user, development, testing,
etc. etc.), sub-forums. I envisage a general forum where the merits of a
vs b can be discussed. ie. you want the cheapest player solution, go
here. You want to run LMS on it as well, here are your options. You want
to get I2S out of it without having to use a soldering iron and tap
surface mount components or pads, go here. You want to use a Bluetooth
device for audio output? You need to go to the "Masochistic Tendencies"
sub-forum! ;)