Greg Erskine wrote:
> hi schreijr,
>
> When you run "top" you should see something like the following near the
> top of the list.
>
> /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/squeezelite-armv6hf -n YourpiCorePlayerName
>
> regards

Hey there Greg and Steen,

With your help and a bit more trouble shooting I may have found the
issue.  When looking at the top command I would see what you described
and it would go away right after I switched to the I2S-audio Digi
(HifiBerry I2S Digi) option.  Well as it turns out...I don't have that
option.  I have the I2S-audio DAC (HifiBerry or Sabre9023) option.  The
confusing part was selecting either made the same visible change to the
OUTPUT SETTINGS hw:CARD=sndrpihifiberry and because of this I didn't
think too much about it.

Well it's the little things that matter.  And with your help the mystery
is solved.

The only thing that remains is...why did it work for so many months and
then it didn't...

I may be back.  But, thanks again.