JackOfAll wrote:
> Interesting... The pre-configured Pro carrier board, used by the Dual
> (not DualLite) option (and Quad B2B option) ..... Forget all the sexy
> stuff, mSATA, PCIE, IR, etc. etc..... one thing I picked up on from the
> 'circuit diagram'
> (http://download.solid-run.com/pub/solidrun/HummingBoard/rev-3.0/HummingBoard-rev-3_0-schematics.pdf),
> the Pro carrier board uses a '4 port USB2 HUB chip'
> (http://www.cypress.com/?mpn=CY7C65632-28LTXC), host from the SoM is
> wired to that, then 1 port from that to one of the external USB ports,
> (the other external port is wired to SoM OTG), and another 2 ports from
> the hub chip wired to 8 pin header, so you could connect another pair of
> USB 2 ports to that with a PC style header/bracket. Anyway, the
> interesting part, for the guys using ASYNC USB1 DAC's and having to use
> an external HUB, with the onboard HUB chip you shouldn't need to do
> that. But bear in mind you'll need to spring for the pre-configured Dual
> (not Dualite) or B2B (with Pro carrier board) to get the hub chip.

Interesting - didn't look at that part of the circuit diagram in detail
:)  (I was hoping that the available header could support i2s, but it
looks like it doesn't have the right pins for that)

Anyway the Hummingboard-i1 works fine with my MDAC which is an Async UAC
class 1 device - only proviso is that it needs an external hub due to
the transaction translator problem.  So for people frustrated with the
USB ports on a Pi, this is a real alternative which just works.