Greg Erskine wrote:
> Hi alnames,
>
> Are you using the right port LMS number? See the previous couple of
> posts. Do you really need to set the MAC address, I never do? Test
> without LMS IP set or MAC addresses.
>

> Thanks for reporting that. I think it is because the web server is
> started first, before the timezone is set. If you are quick enough
> opening the web browser after a reboot you will see the date as 1970!!!!
> epoch. If you ssh into piCorePlayer the date should be OK. It is fixed
> in later versions of piCorePlayer (>1.17a).
>
> regards

All,

This was definitely my problem as well. I should have looked a little
closer at the description for the correct port for the Server IP. I was
indeed using 9001 instead of 3483. Using either just the IP or the
IP:3483 seemed to work fine for Server discovery of the Pi. However, the
simple controls made available did not seem to function. Not a big deal
really as I don't plan to use them. Neither is the correct time at the
bottom of the web page a big deal for that matter.

Sorry for the confusion and thanks for the help.