jfo wrote:
> 2. I then plugged the Pi into my small system to try the basic analog
> out, into powered bookshelf speakers. The general sound quality is OK
> but there is a steady background static hiss that changes with volume.
> It's loud enough to be noticeable at normal volume levels when the music
> stops.

hi jfo,

Thanks for the information.

I also noticed this issue on B+ and A+ Pi's.

Looks like this is the answer to the hiss issue - We need to add a
couple of lines to config.txt

    # Option to fix Audio out hissing on Raspberry Pi B+
  disable_audio_dither=1

UNTESTED!! Only do this if you feel inclined to experiment. :confused:

We will test this, and if successful, implement it this soon.

regards
Greg