I did miss one option in PicorePlayer which is present in a real
Squeezebox, a Wake-On-LAN function. I did some Google research and found
out that busybox includes a WOL command named ether-wake.

In the Tweak page under User commands #1 I entered the following
command:

    ether-wake -i eth0 AB:CD:EF:12:34:56

In my case I used '-i eth0' to select the Pi's wired ethernet
connection, but the option - wlan0 also works on a Pi with a wireless
adapter. The AB:CD:EF:12:34:56 part is the MAC address of the LMS server
(which should of course have WOL capabilities).

Now whenever I switch on one of my PicorePlayers my LMS server
automatically powers up.

Steen and Greg thanks for this wonderful project.