Firstly I would like to say thank you for piCorePlayer. I have only been
using for a couple of weeks and it is excellent. 1.19l is great and the
in-situ update worked beautifully on my two players. It was good to see
the Tweaks page as it didn't appear in the release (1.19i) that I
started with.

I spent a bit of time looking at the alsamixer settings as I need to
change them for the IQAudio DAC.

When I run 'sudo alsactl store' the settings are saved by default to
/var/lib/alsa/asound.state

The settings do not survive a reboot but a restore does pick up the
saved file. I added sudo alsactl restore as a user command in the Tweaks
and this seems to work. Clearly this is a rather primitive solution...

There is some code in
/tmp/tcloop/alsa-config/usr/local/etc/init.d/alsasound (linked as
/usr/local/etc/init.d/alsasound) that seems to look for the state file
in /usr/local/etc/ and if it is not found then default settings are
applied. I am not sure if this is the code that is run at startup or
not. I have only been working with the pi for 2 weeks and have not used
linux before.

I am not sure if /var/lib/alsa/asound.state is preserved between in-situ
updates but it would be great if it was as this should fix the need for
resetting the alsamixer settings.

Thanks again for a great player.

1xSB, 1xSB2, 1xSB3, 2xDuet, 1xBoom, 3xRadio, 2xTouch, 2xpiCorePlayer
with IQAudio DAC (RPi2)
iPeng/Orange Squeeze, LMS 7.8 on Max2Play/Squeezeplug RPi2