rectorydp wrote:
> Firstly I would like to say thank you for piCorePlayer. I have only been
> using for a couple of weeks and it is excellent. 1.19l is great and the
> in-situ update worked beautifully on my two players. It was good to see
> the Tweaks page as it didn't appear in the release (1.19i) that I
> started with.
>
> I spent a bit of time looking at the alsamixer settings as I need to
> change them for the IQAudio DAC.
>
> When I run 'sudo alsactl store' the settings are saved by default to
> /var/lib/alsa/asound.state
>
> The settings do not survive a reboot but a restore does pick up the
> saved file. I added sudo alsactl restore as a user command in the Tweaks
> and this seems to work. Clearly this is a rather primitive solution...
>
> There is some code in
> /tmp/tcloop/alsa-config/usr/local/etc/init.d/alsasound (linked as
> /usr/local/etc/init.d/alsasound) that seems to look for the state file
> in /usr/local/etc/ and if it is not found then default settings are
> applied. I am not sure if this is the code that is run at startup or
> not. I have only been working with the pi for 2 weeks and have not used
> linux before.
>
> I am not sure if /var/lib/alsa/asound.state is preserved between in-situ
> updates but it would be great if it was as this should fix the need for
> resetting the alsamixer settings.
>
> Thanks again for a great player.

hi rectorydp,

The asound.state should be restored after a reboot. When you did a 'sudo
alsactl store' did you also do a 'sudo filetool.sh -b'. This saves your
new asound.state into mydata.tcz that is restored after a reboot.

Sorry, asound.state is not preserved between any upgrades. Hmmm.... it
should be.

I don't believe /usr/local/etc/init.d/alsasound is ever run, but there
are other 'generic' alsa startup files with similar issues that I think
are run.

Oh, I just remembered, on the 'Tweaks page' > 'ALSA output level' needs
to be set to custom to run a 'sudo alsactl restore' at startup.

regards
Greg