Dunno if this has been asked before but I couldn't find anything about
it (and it's not exactly PCP-related but):

Is there some sort of "permission/rights management/ password
protection" in LMS/Squeezebox environment?
In my case I don't want every Squeeze-device to be able to see/ control
all of the other players on the same network.
Kid A should not be able to play songs through Kid B's player (or worse
set my sleeping room player at max volume when I'm asleep...)

I guess setting up iptables could do the trick but respective entries
would have to be set on each player separately. Is there a more elegant
solution?