sbp wrote:
> This is exactly what have been described in the raspberry forum - it is
> either "on" or "off" around that value (127) without any effect on
> brightness. So it could be interesting to know if our users have
> different experience with this - and why there could such a difference?
>
> Steen

I just got a chance to try with mine - it WORKS!!!!
I don't know if there are different rev's of the rpi display - for what
it's worth, I did purchase mine relatively recently.
I tried looking through the Raspberry Pi forums earlier, and wasn't able
to find anything about this control - I did find the earlier threads
which indicated that brightness control was NOT supported.

Being able to control the brightness on this display makes it MUCH more
useful!