kolossos4730 wrote:
> I ordered another display last friday and assembled it today. This one
> had the PCB pre-assembled and the brightness setting works as
> advertised. My original display (ordered when the display first became
> available) behaves the same as yours. Maybe the original display
> hardware has a design flaw which was corrected in a new revision.
>
> I'll try to add an brightness control to my applet. For this to work
> after a reboot the brightness setting should be saved somewhere I
> presume.

Could the applet write the value at boot, or when changed within the
applet?  Several applets store settings - look in
"/home/tc/.jivelite/userpath/settings". Of course, you would have to
save the settings to the SD card for these changes to be retained after
reboot.  For example, when I make changes in CustomClock, if I want them
to be retained, then I use the PiCorePlayer applet to save settings to
the SD card.
An applet to control the brightness would be AWESOME.  I looked a little
yesterday to see how the Touch does it, but my applet/lua skills are
very limited. I did find bits and pieces - looks like the "main" Touch
lua (don't recall what it's called/where its located...) has the unique
Touch configurations, and it seems to specify the brigthtness controls.
The Touch is different since it has an ambient light sensor.