Jens Erik Jensen wrote:
> I just revived an old RPi Model B with a HiFiBerry card and piCorePlayer
> 2.01. It works fine and is as easy as ever to configure. Listening to
> music from it as I write this. Congratulations and a big thank you to
> everyone contributing to this latest and greatest version! ;)
>
> One question: I want to use it as a stand-alone net radio player in the
> future, therefore I wanted to install and enable LMS on it, so it will
> autostart my favourite radio station when powered on. According to the
> About page, it should be possible.
>
> I have enabled "Auto start LMS" under Tweaks in the menu and rebooted
> several times, but LMS does not seem to be running on the RPi. Instead,
> it finds LMS working off my Windows machine. It does not help to stop
> LMS on Windows, the RPi still does not find LMS running locally.
>
> I assume there are additional steps I must take to actually install LMS
> on the RPi. I have looked in the forums, but apparently not hard enough
> because I have not yet found out how to see if LMS is installed, and if
> not, how to install it.
>
> Any pointers would be welcome. I saw that user Bemused had a similar
> problem and got directions, so if someone can point me to these
> directions, I would be grateful. And forgive me if the answer seems too
> obvious to you.

I have not installed LMS on a Pi (only on a Cubietruck) however you can
force squeezelite to use the local server by setting "Squeezelite server
IP" in Squeezelite settings to 127.0.0.1 (localhost)

*Players:* SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezePlayer,PiCorePlayer
x3,Wandboard
*Server:* LMS Version: 7.9.0 - 1453293926 on Centos 7 VM on ESXi 6 on HP
N54L
*Plugins:* AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud
*Remotes:* iPeng8/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite
*Music:* 383GB,1269 albums 17756 songs 4381 artists mostly FLACs

*Want a webapp ?* See
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?104305-Webapp-for-LMS