huxmut wrote:
> It's almost like they -don't- get paid to do this work

Paid??? People get paid? No-one told me!

All joking aside, and not wishing to frighten Paul more than he is
already by the concept of a lorry load of patches....... I had cause to
rebuild a rpi-4.4.y kernel a couple of hours ago. Which led me to have a
count of the patches I am applying on top of a "stock" rpi-4.4.y. The
answer: 70! Take out maybe 5 debug logging patches and that's still 65
patches against rpi-4.4.y that I'd consider should be in the default RPi
kernel, and I will continue "pushing" to get "pulled" into rpi-4.4.y.