paul- wrote:
> And new features breaking stuff that was working fine.

Yes, it does happen, but another thing that is happening, is that by not
switching to new and improved code, the msperl upstream backport of dma
code, being a prime example..... Problems are now being reported that
would never have been reproducible if the new dma code had been switched
to. And you need to consider, that I have been using that code since
January, (ie. for 6 months), and from a cyclic dma for I2S, (which is
what you guys should be most bothered about with your audio distro),
I've already personally tested it on probably every DAC HAT/board your
users are actually using. Now that, I should be getting paid for! Who
should I send the bill to? ;)