Jeff07971 wrote:
> I think that it comes with LMS as standard, have a look on the plugins
> page under 3rd party plugins.
Oh, that Powersave.  Yes, that works very well for simply powering down
Squeezeboxes.  My setup is slightly different.  I have a QSC 300 Watt
rack mount amp that powers my whole house system, 10 speakers round the
house.  I also use a 500 Watt powered subwoofer that has its own
piCorePlayer and is physically across the room.  What I do is to wait
until my bit of home built electronics times out for lack of signal and
then I use an Arduino to actuate an RF mains switch the other end of
which switches off the mains power to the subwoofer.  Upon receiving
signal, the reverse happens.  It has worked well for the last 3 years.

I have always wished to use a more elegant solution.  I think what I am
going to do is to take the GPIO pin from the RPi that PC provides and
run that via an opto-coupler into my existing Arduino.  Within a week or
so I think I can have this working.

The only down-side is that I will need to physically switch off the
piCorePlayer myself.  This was why I wanted the music present signal.
However until that is forthcoming I can live with the On/Off switch
condition.

I would still like to see a GPIO pin raised when audio is present if it
could be done.

Thanks for all your help.

*Server : * LMS 7.9 on RPi3 running Jessie
*Players:* RPi 2B, HiFiBerry DAC+ on PCP 3.02 (Whole-House, 300Watts RMS
8Ohm) + RPi 2B PCP 3.02 for SubBass (500Watts)
............. 2 x RPi 2B + Behringer UCA222 USB DAC
............. 2 x Logitech Boom
............. 2 x Logitech Radio
*Control*: Windows 10, Android Squeeze Ctrl, Amazon Dot[/COLOR]