Greg Erskine wrote:
> Hi hsmeets,
>
> It does sound more like a network issue than an application issue.
>
> In my experience, building lots of piCorePlayers and LMS's, they behave
> as expected.
>
> The player instances are stored on LMS based on the MAC address of the
> player's network device. This hangs around for 10 or 15 minutes after
> the player is removed. So if I build a new piCorePlayer using the same
> hardware in this time period it just continues playing from where it
> left off. If I am too slow I need to generate a new playlist.
>
> If you happen to be manually setting the MAC address for squeezelite you
> will have problems if you are using the same MAC address.
>
> I recommend setting static IPs on the router based on MAC address.
>
> regards
> Greg

Yes, that was what I did. I had 192.168.0.50 as fixed ip setup in PcP
(with problems as described) and 168.0.50 is outside my router's DHCP
range. But eventually reverted PcP to DHCP and went into my router to
have DHCP always bind 192.168.0.50 to the MAC of the RPi. It fixed
immediately the issue I experienced.

Thanks,

Huib

does the all-black SB sound better than the white SB?